MCE CARREL is looking for a biligual M&A lawyer to join the team in Paris or Lyons
MCE CARREL has been assisting its clients’ innovation for more than 7 years, in France and abroad.
MCE CARREL is a niche law firm specialized in technological innovation (with a focus on Artificial Intelligence) and biotechnology (with a focus on drug development and medical devices). MCE CARREL is named in the 2022 ranking of the best law firms in France in Licensing, Co-development and R&D.
As part of a team of about ten people in Paris, Lyon and Lausanne, reporting to the founding partner of the firm, and interacting on a daily basis with the firm’s corporate of counsel, the candidate will mainly support the activity of the M&A and private equity team.
The candidate will assist clients (mainly targets) in the following activities
- assistance in the review / preparation and negotiation of preliminary documents (NDA, letter of intent, non binding offer in particular)
- analysis of corporate documentation in the context of legal due diligence and drafting of the due diligence report
- assistance in the preparation of presentations relating to the investment / acquisition project
- review/preparation and negotiation of the acquisition/investment documentation (SPA, investment agreement, shareholders’ agreement, representations and warranties, terms and conditions of compound securities, etc.)
- assistance in the finalization phase of the transaction (corporate documentation, closing, etc.)
- legal secretarial work for certain clients (including secretarial work for boards and/or AGMs)
Depending on the candidate’s profile, additional assignments could be entrusted to the Contracts department.
This would involve assisting clients in the following activities (mainly MedTech, Tech, Digital):
- advice and legal securing of commercial development in France and internationally (confidentiality, exclusivity, cooperation, distribution agreements …),
- analysis, negotiation and drafting of contracts relating to the development of clinical and industrial projects (services, technical assistance, operation and maintenance contracts, manufacturing contracts, subcontracting contracts, etc.)
- advising operational staff in the context of monitoring the execution of contracts, including the negotiation of amendments and the management of pre-litigation.
And more generally:
Participation in the coordination of reporting between the various lawyers in charge of M&A and private equity activities,
Contributing to the development of the firm’s knowledge base and the implementation of tools and templates for legal documents within the firm.
All these missions will be carried out in accordance with the firm’s practices. This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
Main internal and external relationships :
Internal: Partners, of counsels, other collaborators.
External: Client contacts and partners of clients (shareholders, investors, service providers, industrial or academic partners) in connection with the cases handled, law firms representing partners.
Skills / competencies related to the position of lawyer
Experience, languages & training:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate, M&A and/or private equity team in a law firm and/or in-house
- Perfect command of English, both written and spoken
- Holder of a Bac +5 in Business Law; a dual education or international experience would be a plus.
- Dynamic, motivated, organized, autonomous, you have excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to build a relationship of trust with your internal and external contacts.
- Operational and keen to work directly with clients, you adapt easily, show initiative, organization and attention to detail enabling you to follow several files simultaneously. You are a good team player.
- According to experience
- Position based in Paris 8e or Lyon 6e